anchored the shed to the ground!

Make use of some of the slabs inside the Garden Storage Sheds my base is all-paved; our plots are near a river and have flooded before, so we won't take any chances. Some of the sheds on our site have been attached to fence posts that are about a foot high in each corner. The sheds look like they are on stilts and also have a little storage space under them.

 Just assumed control over a plot that is in genuinely great cond tion as it was dealt with early the year before. Since my house is one mile away, there was no shed on the plot, so my lovely husband bought me one for my 30th birthday! We were going to use old paving slabs as a base, but my husband can't figure out the best way to anchor the shed to the ground because the location is so windy. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hi, I would fasten a metal plate to each side of the shed's bottom wall and use raw  plugs and solid bolts to secure it to the slabs. 

That ought to suffice. Minty X, you could always use a steel square plate, dsay, 1' square. Drill a hole in the middle, insert some threaded bar through it, secure it with nuts at one end, bury this end in a hole about 1' deep, and then bolt the shed to the spare end. This can also be used as a ground anchor to keep pea/bean canes stable at the ends, similar to guide rope on a tent. You can also bury the same way using a roofing slate that has a length of rope attached. Just make sure it is flat in the hole. You will be surprised at how strong this fixing is.


Angle Iron, either inside or outside the Plastic Shed dig a hole about two or three feet deep for a fence post, position the shed, insert angle iron into the hole, attach it to the shed with carriage bolts (smooth head outside the shed), and then add a few bags of post  to the hole in the ground. All four corners will be immovable if you do two opposite corners. It will be adequately secured. Good is angle iron about a foot above ground that is securely bolted to the shed frame; however, you could size the angle iron so that it reaches the base of the roof, armor plating the corner against barrows and other objects.

I have previously utilized a raw bolt that resembles a 6" raw plug and screw. I have drilled through the floor of the shed to the paving slab beneath, hammered into the slab, and tightened it. Also observed was a post that was bolted to the shed and concreted into each corner. I just stuff mine with junk, like two large tubs of fertilizer and blood and bone meal. The only problem is that I am unable to enter it at this time!

Just taken over a plot that was worked on early last year and is in pretty good condition. There was no shed on the plot and as my home is 1 pretty far my beautiful hubby has got me a shed for my 30th!! We were going to use old paving slabs as a base, but my husband can't figure out the best way to anchor the shed to the ground because the location is so windy. I would be grateful for any ideas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Not to Put in an Outdoor Garage or Shed

Construction of the Garden Office

Base of Shed: how to select and construct a foundation for your garden structure