Construction of the Garden Office

 Well I'm approaching the finish of the Garden office Shed form. As I type this, I'm waiting for the skirting board's glue to set. In preparation for moving in, I'll likely spend the next few days packing up the mountain of paperwork and computer supplies on my desk! What I've been doing over the past week will be explained in detail in this post. Painting the walls, painting the door or window (also known as the woodwork), and laying the floor are all part of this.

If you have been following the blog, you are aware that I am a complete DIY novice. Since this was a brand-new activity for me, I was convinced that I would totally fail! I researched the most effective taping and filling method for several hours. This also included watching a lot of YouTube guides.

Fortunately, the 2-in-1 primer meant that I didn't need the undercoat, so I can get £20 back on that. I actually fell £40 is as yet a ton of cash to paint such a little region white, however perhaps I'm simply being a tight git! The "Butter Oak" laminate from Wickes was the one I decided on. It's a mid-range flooring that utilizes a lock-together framework, so requires no paste.




Around the room's perimeter, I added a white skirting board that I had already  Garden Storage Shed. I paid more for the ones that had already been finished because, in addition to the fact that the paintwork looks like it was sprayed on and is far superior to what I could have done, I would have saved at least two days of waiting for the primer and paint to dry.

The room is finished and ready to use at this point! There are still a few minor exterior tasks to complete, such as installing gutters and applying a second coat of paint before winter, but these can all be completed in the coming months. Inasmuch as they finish before the finish of summer, it'll be fine.

The blog posts are definitely not over at this point. In the near future, I will post a roundup of prices, tips, and common issues. I will also post more pictures of when I moved in, how the security system works, how the heating and lighting work, and other details. I will also post some posts after I lived there for the winter and other things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Not to Put in an Outdoor Garage or Shed

Base of Shed: how to select and construct a foundation for your garden structure